SOPHIE WEBB'S WORDS

SOPHIE WEBB'S WORDS

Sunday 20 November 2011

Interesting travel writing

Just a little note to say, I have just read Domonique's blog specifically about her travelling experience in Los Angeles which I found very interesting. I like the idea of travel writing where you go to different places across the world and write about them. Looking at examples has made me want to do it even more.


 Although Domonique was only there for 8 days it appears she enjoyed taking part in a lot of activities. I particularly was interested in The Grove information she gave that made me feel as though this is somewhere I would personally like to shop. I like the way she expresses her own opinions however it may be that other people may like the idea of a Farmers Market so maybe a bit more information of what is consists of should be added. The information about the lifestyle there itself was interesting to read as someone that has never visited before may not expect to see such a clear divide between the rich and the poor around you.


The images make the writing more personal but are also there to show the audience what it is like. I would like to have seen more images with captions explaining what they are as this would give me a further incite into what Los Angeles is really like. The idea and information of the hotel was also a point that may help people consider a cheaper option to a hotel. The rating and description of the hotel along with its link also proves to people you don't need to spend a vast amount on accommodation when travelling.


I enjoyed reading this piece of writing and would like to read the Egypt and New York travel writing she has also produced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment