SOPHIE WEBB'S WORDS

SOPHIE WEBB'S WORDS

Monday 15 October 2012

Council Clamp down on Commuters Parking


For my first ever Winol package I was given the 'beat' of transport. The stress and hard work of finding a story as well as arranging interviews and trying to work the camera took its toll. But I managed to have my package completed and edited by Tuesday afternoon. Although my whole package didn't make the bulletin, I was still pleased that my work was used as an OOV. Here is my story and the package that I produced.


Commuters to lose last all day free car park in Winchester.

Winchester City Council have decided to introduce a scheme that will prevent commuters from using the 32 space car park down Hillier Way.

The scheme is supported by the Town Forum and only allows people to park for up to 3 hours Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm.

By introducing these parking restrictions it will allow more business to be brought into the town centre by providing more places to park.


The council are trying to encourage people to 'park on the outskirts of Winchester and walk into the town centre but to also use the park and ride system'. 

The commuters are not happy with this scheme and believe it is another 'money making system' but also claim that the Park and Ride isn't always convenient for them.
There are also plans to introduce 'residents only parking' throughout Abbotts Barton to try and clamp down on park and walk commuters.




0 comments:

Post a Comment